2019 Great Smoky Mountain National Park Workshop
Workshop date: October 21st - October 25th, 2019
Pricing: $1,195 / $500 deposit*
Number of Participants: 6
Instructor: Jason Eldridge
Location: Townsend, Tennessee
Physical Activity: Mild
The Great Smoky Mountains contain sweeping panoramic views of ancient mountains, rushing streams, cascading waterfalls, and old growth hardwood forests. These are each wonderful sites to behold and represent just a hint of the photographic opportunities that await. Come join us as we explore this unique ecosystem with cameras in hand. I will be right there beside you to provide photographic recommendations and instruction.
Monday night, October 21st, we will all meet at the Trailhead Steakhouse restaurant in Townsend, TN for an orientation and to go over the itinerary for the following three days as well as get a sense of what each of you is looking for out of the workshop. The October 21st welcome dinner is on me.
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday will be filled, sunrise to sunset, with photographic opportunities as we explore the Foothills Parkway, Cades Cove, Greenbrier, Clingman's Dome and more. Each day there will be an opportunity to look at what you have captured and receive post processing instruction. Finally, after photographing sunrise in the Foothills Parkway on May 3rd we will meet for a recap and a final breakfast as everyone leaves on their own. This meal will be on me as well.
- Photographic instruction
- Dinner at the Trailhead Steakhouse restaurant the first night and breakfast on the final day.
What's not included:
- Transportation: Transportation to and from the airport and during the workshop is not provided. Please keep this in mind when making travel arrangements.
- Lodging: The group will be staying at the Townsend Gateway Inn in Townsend, TN. There will be a block of rooms set aside for the Nature Photography Show.
- Food: Other than the initial dinner and the final breakfast food is not included.
The best location to fly into is the McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS) in Knoxville, TN. From there you can rent a car for the duration of your trip.
*A deposit of at least $500.00 is required to hold your reservation. If you wish to make a deposit or pay by check you can call Jason Eldridge at 305-989-3279 to arrange specific details.
- 90+ days prior to the start of the workshop: Deposit is refunded less a $100.00 admin fee
- Between 89-31 days prior to the start of the workshop: Full deposit is retained
- Within 30 days prior to the start of the workshop the full cost is retained