DPReview has posted information from a recent Nikon interview. They have confirmed the corporation is working on a new mirrorless system and even hinted it is geared toward the high end.
Several years back I was one of the photographers who would only stay with lenses produced by the brand of the camera I owned. Admittedly, I still only have Nikon lenses all of which do a fantastic job. Lately though the quality of glass being produced by Sigma has been, by all accounts, great so when they announced a new 14mm f1.8 I took notice. Well, the time has come and the lens is now available for preorder. The new Sigma 14mm f1.8 Art series Lens is a reasonably priced and almost exactly what was expected. This has a place in my kit I’ve no doubt however I will likely rent the lens first to test out the quality as the price does come in at $1,599.00.
For those interested here are a few of the tech specs for the lens:
- Full Frame and APS-C compatible
- Angle of View 114.2 degrees
- Minimum Aperture: f16
- 14mm f1.8
- Lens Construction: 16 Elements in 11 Groups
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 10.6in
- Filter Size: None. Due to the rounding and size of the lens element it is not compatible with screw in filters.
- Dimensions: 3.8in x 5.0in
- Weight: 41.3oz
- Available Mounts: Sigma, Nikon, Canon
We are seeing the release of two new Canon DSLR, the 6D Mark II and the Rebel SL2.
Giving you a full review of either of these cameras isn’t possible as I have yet to get my hands on either. However, I can lay out the specs to give you an idea so you can choose to pursue further information.